Academia are expanding their Head office in Enfield – join them today!
Academia Technology Group is a fast growing, highly accredited, award winning group of tech companies. Experts in the supply of software, IT hardware, training and managed service solutions to the public and commercial sector, plus the employee benefit market. Recently partnered with Raw Talent Academy, as they are hiring Trainee Account Executive’s for their ‘Sales Academy’. This will support them in meeting their rapid growth plans, of becoming a £100m group of companies.
Our unique and innovative academy process is your chance to showcase your ability and secure a rewarding career in sales with Academia. Over the next 5 weeks we will be interviewing talented individuals like yourself, who are ambitious and driven to succeed. You will showcase your talent through a series of recruitment & sales based business tasks at an Audition Day at a venue to be confirmed on the 5th November 2015. The top 20-25 candidates will be invited following a telephone and face to face interview with our team at Raw Talent.
Candidates will be assessed, not on how well your CV reads or how many grades you have got, but on how you perform in teams, under pressure and in real life business and sales tasks. Think ‘The Apprentice’ squeezed into a single day’s process. Whether you are a graduate or someone looking for a career change, we are looking for top talent and will give you the opportunity to showcase what you can do, no matter what your background is.
The group structure enables individuals to thrive and reach their full sales potential. Whether that is as a new Trainee Account Executive or a more experienced Solutions Expert, everyone is dedicated in providing the highest level of customer care and product knowledge within the industry.
Now over 12 years old, with a group turnover of £50m+, we are proud to be recognised as one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK by The Sunday Times Tech Track and have achieved this 5 years in a row.
If hard work, recognition, success and fun sounds an environment you like to work within. Academia could be the right company for you to join.
Core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Innovation, Ambition
The ‘Sales Academy’
The Academia Sales Academy offers in-depth sales, process and product training, facilitated by industry leaders and includes the top vendors. If you want a career in sales where you can work alongside and learn from the best, this is undoubtedly it. Throughout the Academy, you will be supported by your own personal mentor as well as the Academy Manager, who will push you to challenge yourself and grow within our successful team.
Your first 3 months will be an ‘incubation period’ where you will learn everything there is to know about the fundamentals of sales as well as vendors and distribution. After these 3 months, you will be placed in one our sectors, either Public, Commercial or EmployeeChoice. Here you will continue your learning but it will be tailored to that sector, thus offering you the opportunity to focus your training in a specific area. Partnered with someone in your new department, you will be guided and stretched to progress within the team, before being offered your own accounts. Ongoing training and reviews with the Academy Manager will ensure that you are always supported and always at the top of your sales game. It will be intense and it will be tough; but if you are driven to succeed and willing to put in the work to do so, it will also be the start of an incredibly rewarding career in sales with one of the fastest growing Tech companies in the UK.
What Academia are looking for:
- Confident relationship builders whoa re able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ambitious, goal-oriented and not afraid to get your hands dirty! Understands that success comes through hard work and the ability to take appropriate risks and think outside the box, especially within a sales environment.
- Quick learner with strong numeracy skills and the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- High level of maturity
- Work hard; play hard! At Academia, we love a reason to celebrate success – both of individuals and teams.
- Academia has experienced rapid, exciting growth – and this isn’t slowing down. Our high energy, driven and experienced sales floor is assisted by equally energetic and excellent support teams.
- Our large, open-plan office is currently undergoing a facelift. Being open-plan allows interaction across all the teams as well as an open-door policy with the senior leaders (especially as there are no doors!)
- Based in Enfield, we’re close to many local amenities as well as a 5 minute walk to Enfield Lock station which gets us directly to Liverpool Street in under 30 minutes.
- We believe that you drive your own development and we will support you in that. Identified a gap in the market or our business that you want to fill? We encourage these discussions and have several fantastic examples of people who have done just that and have pushed themselves and developed the business.
- Salary: £16,000 per annum for your first three months, increasing to £18,000 for the following 3 months. On successful completion of the Academia Sales Academy, this will increase again to £20,000. We’re also committing to another increase to £22,000 after 16 successful months with the business. That’s 3 guaranteed increases within 16 months! On top of this, you’ll be earning commission – the more sales you make, the more commission you earn.
- Anticipated OTE: Year 1 OTE £20,000; Year 2 OTE £28,000
- Annual leave increases with service and you get an additional half-day off on your birthday.
- Our office hours are 08:30am- 5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm on Friday.
- Dress for the role you aspire to, not the one you are in. With this in mind, our dress code is smart, business attire Monday to Thursday, with a ‘dress-down’ day on Fridays.
- Incentives are driven by vendors and are passed directly to the sales team – this includes you!
- Our Presidents Club rewards our top sales achievers. These are some of the ‘heavy hitters’ who will inspire and motivate you. In 2016, we will be introducing a new award for our top ‘Rookie’ who will be included in this highly aspirational group. Previous Presidents Club trips have included a weekend skiing in Chamonix. Are you the Rookie who will join the next trip?
- We regularly arrange activities for the team, including a ‘pub quiz’ in the office, team nights out, race days or even clay pigeon shooting. We even have our own football team and annual golf tournament!
- Our Staff Forum meets monthly to discuss feedback from the team and offer suggestions directly to the Board. This team is voted on by their peers and they’re also the ones who arrange all the fun stuff!