Audley Travel is recruiting for a number of Travel Sales Consultants / Country Specialists for their Witney and London offices
Audley Travel – who specialise in creating truly exceptional tailor-made travel for discerning clients – is a multi award-winning company founded in 1996. It has got to the stage where Audley Travel is looking to grow their already superior team. They are keen to find a number of efficient and passionate individuals to attend an audition day to have the chance of becoming a Travel Sales Consultant.
Over the next five weeks we will be searching for a number of ambitious individuals for our latest Academy with Audley Travel.
We are looking for candidates to showcase their talent through a series of business tasks at an Audition Day in London on the 5th August 2015 & an Audition Day in Witney on the 7th August 2015 – both days will take place at Audley Travel’s offices. The top 20-25 candidates will be selected and invited to showcase their talent through a series of business tasks on the day.
Candidates will be assessed not on how well your CV reads or how many grades you have got but on how you perform…Candidates will be assessed, not on how well your CV reads or how many grades you have got, but on how you perform in teams, under pressure and in real life business and sales tasks. Think ‘The Apprentice’ squeezed into a single day’s process. Whether you are a graduate or someone looking for a career change, we are looking for top talent and will give you the opportunity to showcase what you can do, no matter what your background is. If you are someone who aspires to achieving high standards, who loves working in a team and individually and someone who has been travelling before or has an avid interest in travel then this is the perfect place for you.
The Client – Audley Travel
Audley was established in 1996 as Asian Journeys, offering tailor-made holidays to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos (Indo-China), though they now travel much further afield.
The heart of Audley Travel’s business has always been their Country Specialists. These individuals have all travelled independently and extensively to one or more of their regions and can demonstrate a wide variety of country knowledge and an infectious passion for what they have experienced. They are a hugely varied, sociable crowd unified by their passion for travel. They are also extremely organised and have excellent communication skills – after all, the ability to sell is a key skill without which they can’t possibly succeed. These Country Specialists are exactly what you can become with Audley Travel.
The ethos of Audley is to provide their clients with exceptional customer service and a trip which surpasses their expectations. As a result, they return to Audley Travel year after year.
Audley Travel has been recognised for how well they are run and how much of a great service they provide. In the last two years readers of Wanderlust magazine have ranked them in their Top 10 Tour Operators. In addition, AITO have awarded Audley Travel the maximum three stars in recognition of their responsible tourism policies. They are proud to be awarded with an Accreditation from the Best Companies organisation for their working environment and have achieved a place in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for list.
What Audley Travel are looking for:
- People who want a career and not just a job.
- Individuals who can bring passion into the workplace is absolutely key – you will have to be passionate about your specialised area as this will enhance credibility when consultative selling to the customer.
- Clear and confident communicator, articulate and the ability to be assertive when needed.
- Strong administrative and organisation skills – one of the things all of Audley Travel’s top sellers have in common is that they are efficient, so they are able to take on a high workload and get things done in a timely manner.
You will be provided with in-depth training at Audley Travel which will ensure that you become the true professional you aspire to be in your sector.
- The first 4 days will primarily consist of company induction training, job shadowing your colleagues and learning about your competitors.
- You will then be sent on a Familiarisation (FAM) Trip for 4 -5 weeks after the first week of joining Audley, this is a crucial period and will require you to do extensive research on your specified destination.
- After arriving back from your FAM trip you will then go through extensive systems training for 2 weeks which is held at the Witney Office.
- As well as all the above, you will receive ongoing additional sales and product training to ensure you are the best you can be.
- Clear promotion scheme in place for Country Specialists – The first tier is to become a Senior Country Specialist which can be achieved within 20 months of joining Audley, on average it’s around 2 years.
- Witney office – Very spacious along with each bank of desks decorated as to which country sector you are in. There is lots of outdoor space which is well used for company socials. Onsite free gym.
- London office – Located on 3rd floor of the Monsoon Accessorize head office near to Latimer Road tube station (5 mins walk) and Shepherds Bush tube station (10 mins walk).
- Plenty of facilities in the offices with regards to food and drink (free fruit, free fruit juices, free hot and cold drinks etc).
- Hours – 09.00am – 18.00pm (Monday – Thursday), 09.00am – 17.30pm (Friday) with an hour for lunch (39.5 hours per week)