Bartercard is expanding their Milton Keynes, Slough and Essex Offices – join them today!
Bartercard- a unique, exclusive tool and marketplace for businesses, with over 55,000 cardholders worldwide – is a fast growing, highly accredited, award winning business. Due to their constant success, Bartercard have recently partnered with Raw Talent Academy as they look to hire a number of Business Development Manager’s. This will support Bartercard in meeting their rapid growth plans.
Our unique and innovative academy process is your chance to showcase your ability and secure a rewarding career in sales with Bartercard. Over the next 3 weeks we will be interviewing talented individuals like yourself, who are ambitious and driven to succeed. You will showcase your talent through a series of sales based business tasks at an Audition Day, at The Grand Connaught Rooms in London on the 13th November 2015. The top 20-25 candidates will be invited following a telephone and face to face interview with our team at Raw Talent.
Candidates will be assessed, not on how well your CV reads or how many grades you have, but on how you perform in teams, under pressure and in real life business and sales tasks. Think ‘The Apprentice’ squeezed into a single day’s process.
About the Client – Bartercard
Principle Founders Brian Hall and Andrew Federowsky, Wayne Sharpe and first employee Maree St Clair, started Bartercard on the Gold Coast, Australia, in 1991. This team shared a vision for Bartercard to become the world’s largest trade exchange and a globally recognised business-to-business brand.
Bartercard is a simple, flexible barter system that converts slow moving stock, downtime, spare capacity or vacant seats into extra sales.
Bartercard is a business marketplace with 55,000 cardholders who “barter-trade” over £33m every month with 72 offices around the world, 8 of those offices are based throughout England with the head office in Slough and over 600 staff serving their members.
Since the launch of Bartercard in 1991, it has revolutionised the way businesses manage cash flow. Bartercard’s world-leading Trade Exchange system now enables over 55,000 card holders in seven countries to benefit from the cashless economy of barter. Bartercard connects businesses in a new marketplace where members develop new connections with each other.
Their continuing success in the market has been recognised with awards such as Franchisor of the year and other business awards.
- £24,000 basic with OTE of £35,000 – £40,000 and flexibility with salary
- The Essex office offers the ability to start as a sales manager
- 8:30am – 5:30pm contracted hours but have flexibility with working hours
- Smart business attire throughout the week
- 3 month probational period
- Huge scope for progression within the company being able to move into various other roles which include: Trading Manager, Broker Manager, Field Manager and Franchise Manager
- Pre-training program with the Training brokerage for 1 week prior to joining
- 3 days base coaching, in teaching you about Bartercard. You will then they be constantly mentored throughout your career at Bartercard
- All of the training is held in the main office in Slough
- Boot camp for the sales team
- Sales legends every month to compete against each other.
- Quarterly competition whereby you win trade pounds to spend on things such as: suits, dinner, days out, etc.
- Recently highlight : Top billers sent to Canada
What Bartercard is looking for:
- Confident relationship builders who are able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ambitious, goal-oriented and not afraid to get your hands dirty! Understands that success comes through hard work and the ability to take appropriate risks and think outside the box, especially within a sales environment.
- Quick learner with strong numeracy skills and the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- High level of maturity
- People with previous selling and business fundimentals
- A basic understanding of business and maths
- Someone who able to confidently build rapport
- Previous experience within B2B is essential
- Someone who takes initiative and is self-motivated
- Confidence without being arrogant
- Open door policy with the CEO
- The managers are integrated in the office with all the other staff
- Everyone within the sectors interacts with each other
- A very family orientated and energetic office environment
- A huge scope for progression within the company