Venator Recruitment is searching for a number of Trainee Recruitment Consultants for their Bournemouth office.
Venator Recruitment has traditionally serviced the technology market place delivering opportunities to candidates and employers based around Technical, Sales and Marketing skills. It has come to the stage where Venator Recruitment is on the hunt to find a number of career driven and passionate individuals to attend an audition day to have the chance of becoming a Trainee Recruitment Consultant with the Bournemouth based recruitment firm.
The Academy – Application deadline 29th February 2016
Over the next 3 weeks we will be searching for a number of ambitious individuals for our latest Academy with Venator Recruitment.
We are looking for candidates to showcase their talent through a series of business tasks and will be holding an audition day on the 2nd March 2016 at a venue to be confirmed in Bournemouth. The top 20 candidates will be selected and invited to showcase their talent through a series of business tasks on the day.
Candidates will be assessed not on how well your CV reads or how many grades you have got but on how you perform…Candidates will be assessed, not on how well your CV reads or how many grades you have got, but on how you perform in teams, under pressure and in real life business and sales tasks. Think ‘The Apprentice’ squeezed into a single day’s process. Whether you are a graduate or someone looking for a career change, we are looking for top talent and will give you the opportunity to showcase what you can do, no matter what your background is. If you are someone who loves working in a close knit team and someone who aspires to earning very high OTE’s then this is the perfect place for you.
The Client – Venator Recruitment
Venator Recruitment has a team of high achieving recruiters who have specific expertise in the areas of Broadcasting, Retail, Internet, and Telecommunications. Each consultant’s success stems from industry knowledge of their sector as well as the network of referrals and contacts they have built up.
They are committed to providing the highest service levels to all candidates and clients they work with. Venator Recruitment’s aim is that any individual or organisation that has contact with Venator Recruitment feels that they have been serviced by a professional and efficient company that delivers on all levels. Their business traditions are based around – Professionalism, Transparency, Continuity, Efficiency and Delivery.
Please see below for some Venator Recruitment facts:
- Venator were founded in 2006, currently have 20 staff in their office and are looking to expand to 25 this year.
- Venator operate across all levels, but a majority of their roles are mid-level to senior.
- Core Values – Professionalism, Transparency, Continuity, Efficiency and Delivery
- Venator has been nominated and shortlisted as International Agency of the Year and their Marketing Recruitment Manager is a finalist in the Recruitment Consultant of the Year category.
If you want to be part of a high-energy, high-performing team in an amazing location, then there really is no need to look any further!
Trainee/Graduate Recruitment Consultant
Basic Salary £16,000 – £18,000
Year 1: OTE £40,000
You will be based at Venator Recruitment’s office in Bournemouth. Candidates are encouraged to apply from across the local area. It is preferential for candidates to located within a 1-hour commute of the office.
What Venator Recruitment is looking for:
- The ideal candidate will have; an entrepreneurial spirit, ambition, a hunger to succeed, money-motivated, intelligence, self-reliant, intuitive, articulate, “Out of the Box” mind-set, a sense of urgency, an ability to listen and to be hard-working.
- Venator will not write you off purely because you are not a graduate or don’t have sales experience. It’s more about the skill set that you can bring.
- Good verbal and written English is essential
- Venator are looking for people who have the will to pick up the phone and not just concentrate on Emails and LinkedIn.
- As the business grows and you progress you will do more Business Development.
You will be provided with thorough, award-winning training ensuring that you will be fully prepared for your career with Venator Recruitment.
The Training programme that Venator offer will see you enter the business at resourcer level before you become a fully fledged consultant. The training they offer is delivered by the Founder and Director of the company who has a wealth of experience in recruitment. You will have 2 days’ worth of basic training and then it’s very much on the job training where consultants can learn from their mistakes. The training they also offer is not always “traditional” and offers an “out of the box” insight into recruitment. Externally, candidates can be sent off onto other training courses.
- The office is located on the 3rd floor of Wilson House in an extremely modern open plan office that is visually appealing. The office offers a quirky twist as it has an outside balcony area that is turfed and a conservatory that operates as their boardroom. Alongside this, they have small glass meeting rooms where staff can Skype clients from.
- A team operates from each bank of desks
- Train station is a 15 minute walk away
- The office is located a short walk from shops and parking
- The team are sociable and show plenty of camaraderie, however, work comes first and when extra needs to be done to hit and exceed targets, this is paramount.
- Team are office based but the best is done to be client facing as much as possible as that’s where rapport is built, this includes the global clients as well. Staff will travel to international trade shows and to meet clients as it gives the competitive edge.
- Salary on offer is £16,000 – £18,000
- OTE is £40,000, however the sky is the limit. Venator want commission hungry individuals!
- Top consultants earn over £100,000
- Contracted hours are 9:00am – 6:00pm, realistically 9:00am – 7:00pm, flexibility is needed (i.e. checking emails at home because of global clients)
- Dress code is business suits apart from dress down Fridays.
- Career path starts as resourcer, realistically candidates should be at recruitment consultant level in 3-4 months and after this there are team leader roles on offer. Alongside this, there is very much the opportunity to grow and then head up your own sector.
- The office has a good balance between fast paced and methodical recruitment. Contract is faster paced then permanent recruitment.
- Incentives include; “rolling the dice” when you make a deal that can make staff members up to £60 that goes towards their Christmas bonus, Trips abroad including Skiing & Ibiza. Air Show.
- Work phone provided, Apple computers to work off, Friday Beers from the Smeg fridge, Boat parties, Annual charity challenge, industry leading events, BBQs and a great team!
- Case Study: Luke who has been at the business for 6 years has built himself up to Director level due to the opportunities for ownership within the business.