Spire Healthcare Microsite
Multiple Assessment Centres
Apprentice Registered Nurse
£18k to £21k per annum depending on experience
ABOUT SPIRE HEALTHCARE
The UK’s Second Largest Private Healthcare Provider
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care
We deliver high standards of care, with integrity and compassion and from high-quality facilities to our insured, Self-pay and NHS patients. We also own and operate sports medicine, physiotherapy and rehabilitation brand, Perform. Working in partnership with over 7,500 experienced consultants, our hospitals delivered tailored, personalised care to more than 777,000 inpatients and daycase patients in 2018.
Supported by Health Education England, Spire Healthcare and The University of Sunderland have designed an exciting programme which will launch our new Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship programme. Applications open in April, with a view to the first cohort taking up post in July 2021.
Our Registered Nursing Degree Apprenticeship programme offers you a great opportunity to gain practical work experience whilst working alongside experienced clinicians in our friendly hospitals, to build your clinical skills and expertise. You will be fully supported professionally and academically to achieve you’re Nursing Degree, alongside earning a competitive salary complimented with an excellent benefits package which you would expect of a leading employer.
Who can apply?
As a minimum, you will need to be: aged 18 or over; hold Maths and English GCSE (A to C/9 to 4) or equivalent e.g. functional skills. Additionally, you will need one of the following:
For the four year pathway:
- Level 3 in Healthcare
For the five year pathway
- 112 UCAS points* or
- Level 3 or above in any subject area or
- Access to higher education or
- BTec Diploma
*If you are unsure how many UCAS points you have please check using this link UCAS tariff calculator
We want to hear from you if have always longed to train as a Nurse but for whatever reason chose another career pathway and the time feels right to change now, or, offer experience and possess a level 3 qualification in Healthcare or, you are leaving education and have been inspired by this opportunity and in all cases, we encourage you to apply as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
In addition, you will have:
- A passion for Nursing and a desire to live Spire’s Purpose of ‘making a positive difference through outstanding personalised care’.
- Ability to commitment to a long term programme and to meet its academic requirements at degree level.
- Ability to work unsociable hours.
Spire Healtcare Locations
- Spire Alexandra Hospital, Kent, ME5 9PG
- Spire Bristol Hospital Bristol, BS6 6UT
- Spire Dunedin Hospital, RG1 6NS
- Spire Gatwick Park Hospital, RH6 0BB
- Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital, HU10 7AZ
- Spire Little Aston Hospital, B74 3UP
- Spire London East Hospital, IG4 5PZ
- Spire Murrayfield Hospital, CH61 1AU
- Spire Portsmouth Hospital, PO9 5NP
- Spire Southampton, SO16 6UY
- Spire Thames Valley Hospital SL3 6NH
- Spire Wellesley Hospital, SS2 4XH
- Spire Bushey Hospital, WD23 1RD
- Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, CB24 9EL
- Spire Elland Hospital, HX5 9EB
- Spire Harpenden Hospital, AL5 4BP
- Spire Leeds Hospital, LS8 1NT
- Spire Liverpool Hospital, L18 1HQ
- Spire Gatwick Park Hospital, RH6 0BB
- Spire Norwich Hospital, NR4 7TD
- Spire Regency Hospital, SK11 8DW
- Spire Sussex TN37 7RE
- Spire Tunbridge Wells Hospital, TN3 0RD
- The Montefiore Hospital, BN3 1RD
- Spire Cheshire Hospital, WA4 4LU
- Spire Clare Park Hospital, GU10 5XX
- Spire Fylde Coast Hospital, FY3 8BP
- Spire Hartswood Hospital, CM13 3LE
- Spire Leicester Hospital, LE2 2FF
- Spire Methley Park Hospital, LS26 9HG
- Spire Manchester Hospital, M20 2AF
- Spire Nottingham Hospital, NG12 4GA
- Spire South Bank Hospital, WR5 3YB
- Spire Washington Hospital, NE38 9JZ
The apprenticeship is a work-based qualification, this means that all of the training and assessment for your apprenticeship will be completed via distance learning or on-site at one of our hospitals. You will undertake placements at other locations local to your Hospital, for example the local NHS Trust or a GP practice. During your apprenticeship programme you will be continually supported by an Apprenticeship Education Supervisor in Practice (AeSIP) with your practical and academic skills.
For our class of 2021, the course will commence on 26th July 2021.
Spire Healthcare will provide you with a full induction upon commencing your course based around our Well Led development framework
You will be appointed an Apprenticeship Education Supervisor in Practice who will help you with your academic studies and support you to develop your clinical skills. Clinical Educators are also on site at most of our hospitals to help to develop you further. Additionally, you will be allocated a Supervisor who will support you on a day to day basis.
How long is my apprenticeship?
This will depend on your previous qualifications and experience, the course can last from anything between 2-5 years. For example, if you are a Healthcare Assistant with a level 3 qualification, you will join the Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship programme for four years. If you are changing direction in your career, or are leaving education, you are likely to be on the programme for five years. Alternatively, if you are a Nurse Associate joining the programme, you will enjoy training over a two year period.
What happens at the end of my training?
This role provides you with a permanent position within Spire Healthcare from the day you join the programme; 26th July 2021.
We want you to stay with us once you graduate and enjoy a long and fulfilling career here at Spire. In your first year of Nursing we work to build your clinical confidence through our preceptorship programme which will help you make the transition from Nurse Apprentice and develop your practice further. On graduation you will be allocated a qualified and experienced practitioner to guide and support you in the first-year post qualification whilst you find your feet.
Beyond the preceptorship we will give you the opportunity to grow and develop your career with us. Your career progression is facilitated by us but led by you. As you develop your skills you can progress into other areas of Nursing such as a leadership or, if you prefer, you can develop your specialisms further. Here are just a few progression routes you could consider:
- Team Leader
- Ward Manager
- Outpatient Manager
- Clinical Educator
- Non-medical Prescriber
- Theatre Nurse
- Clinical Governance Lead
- National roles in other specialist areas
The Assessment Process
We’ve designed an application process to support you in showing us your potential. At every stage of the process, you will be assessed against the key skills you need to be a Nurse:
Our whole application process is now a virtual, we want you to be fully prepared to successfully complete all the stages of the application.
As you progress through each stage of the application process, our Recruitment Team will be in touch to explain the next steps. If you need reasonable adjustment or an alternative way to apply please email email@example.com
- Application form
- One way video interview
- Competency based video interview and written assessment
- Assessment centre
What’s on offer to you:
- £18,000 to £21,000 dependent on previous healthcare experience
- Course fees for this degree apprenticship programme are £27,000 and fully met by Spire Healthcare
- 35 days holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- And more
If you need reasonable adjustment or an alternative way to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org